As we all know, the Oatmeal is a fountain of knowledge, a source of wise council, a veritable oracle. On everything.
This is what he has to say about beer:
- Beer is composed mostly of water
- In the middle ages, many people drank beer because clean water was hard to find
- Store beer upright as it minimises oxidation and contamination from the cap
- Vikings believed that a giant goat whose udders provided an endless supply of beer was waiting for them in Valhalla
- Prohibition in the US lasted 13 years, 10 months, 19 days, 17 hours and 32.5 minutes
Want more amazing beer facts? Check it out at http://theoatmeal.com/comics/beer