I keep talking about some of the weird things that the Aussies do or have, so I thought I’d actually start a list. Here are some of the things that I have noticed so far:
– hook turns: See link for the most awesome/scary driving innovation I’ve seen in years
– petrol prices: They go up and down. Not over periods of time. No, it’s cheaper on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and very expensive on the weekends.
– drive-thru bottle O’s: Quite literally a drive-thru liquor store. Like drive-thru McDonalds, but you buy alcohol instead.
– AFL: Australian Rules Football. Although the ‘rules’ bit is a little exaggerated. Oh hang on, you’re not allowed to push someone in the back. Other than that, anything goes!
– chicken & champagne: It’s an Aussie-style Champagne breakfast. With chicken pieces.
I can’t think of any others at the moment, but I’m sure my list will keep growing.