- What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Travelled to Papua New Guinea. Twice! Played rugby at the World Rugby Golden Oldies Festival in Sydney. Brewed my first ever home-brewed beer. Adopted a kitten, Molly. Bought a brand new car. Took part in NaNoWriMo.
- Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes! Lost weight and took a photo a day for 365 days. Maybe. Maybe not.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friends Jules and Huw had a baby girl. Rhiannon.
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
Just one this year – Papua New Guinea
- What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Time. Winning Lotto numbers. A Brewery?
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Winning “Most Enterprising Player 2010” at our rugby awards dinner. Passing my Diploma of Management from Swinburne University TAFE.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not winning Tattslotto?
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
- What was the best thing you bought?
A new car
- Where did most of your money go?
My kids, brewing beer or fishing gear!
- What song will always remind you of 2010?
“So what” by Pink. My kids sing along to it! All the words!
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder?
- thinner or fatter?
- richer or poorer?
- happier or sadder?
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Actually catch fish as opposed to go fishing
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- How did you spend Christmas?
With family around the pool
- What was your favorite TV program?
Criminal Minds, The Mentalist
- What was the best book you read this year?
Dark Star Safari by Paul Theroux
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
- What did you want and get?
To play a whole season of rugby without injury!
- What did you want and not get?
A fishing kayak
- What was your favorite film of this year?
Avatar in 3D
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had a surprise party with loads of friends where I got very drunk. 30-something young!
- Who did you miss?
My family in South Africa
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. Just try it!
And that’s it. Have a great New Year and all the best for 2011!