American Pale Ale
|American Pale Ale|
Recipe Type: American Pale Ale
An attempt at a Fat Yak clone.
- 1.7kg Coopers Pale Ale Malt Extract
- 1.5kg Light Dry Malt Extract
- 40g Nelson Sauvin hops
- 40g Cascade hops
- Yeast – Safale 07
- Rehydrate the yeast in 200ml of warm water (below 26°C).
- Bring 10l of water to the boil. Add DME.
- Add 25g Nelson Sauvin & 15g Cascade at 30mins. Add 15g NS and 15g Cascade at 15min. Add remainder at flame-out.
- Add Pale Ale extract 10 minutes from end. Cool to 24°C and add re-hydrated yeast to wort.
- Ferment for 12 days at 19°C.
Serving size: 20 litres