It’s been a long two weeks of tennis in Melbourne (especially as it’s on TV the whole time and all regular programming is put on hold), but tonight is the final between Andy Murray from Scotland and Roger Federer from Switzerland.
So who to support? Tough decision, but I’ll be shouting for Andy tonight. Mainly because of my Scottish heritage. But why should the Aussies support him? Here are 5 good reasons:
- The English hate him. Especially since he replied “I’ll support whoever plays against England” when asked the question at the 2006 Football World Cup
- He’s got red hair. Aussies love red heads. Cameron Ling & Nicole Kidmann. Also, redheads are becoming less common!
- He split from his (hot!) girlfriend, Kim Sears, just over a month ago. Surely he wants to prove he’s over her!
- He has only ever reached one other slam final – the U.S. Open in September 2008, which he lost to Federer after playing three consecutive days beforehand
- He squeals a little as he hits the ball. Makes him a bit girly, but he’s the best that the Brits have!
His youth and aggression may be enough to see Fed off, but Roger has more Grand Slam final experience in his little finger! Should be a great match!